Monday, September 18, 2017

Pigeons or Rock Doves

During our  vacation in Las Vegas.  One of the many things that  our children enjoyed doing was giving the pigeons some left over food.  Instead of leaving the uneaten food in the table, we   were always asking for a box so we could take the  food and give it to the birds.  
 Pigeons are also known as Rock Doves.  I find  these birds beautiful and I don''t mind  having them   around.  We  get  these as visitors in our backyard once in a while and I love watching them.  They also remind me of my  late father-in-law's house.  We lived there for about a year  before buying our own home and I would always  hear them in the morning and in the afternoon.  I have read an article of 21 amazing facts  about pigeon and  what amazed me the most and  it also answered my curiosity is that unlike other birds, baby pigeons stays in the nest   for two months  before fledging.  If you want to know more about pigeons, just visit the link I have incorporated at this link.  This isn't an ad, I just linked it up for  a good resource for info.

No comments: