Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Butterfly Enjoying Clover

Whenever my husband and I get to watch TV, it's either  about news or we watch Discovery channel  shows.  They have very interesting shows  that are educational.  I remember we watched different kinds of  animals from around the world, their traits and how they survive in their environment.  
 Watching the segment about butterflies is pretty neat.  I was very  intrigued of their Butterflies life cycle. It said that they typically have four stages.  
 According to Wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly);
  •  the winged adults lay eggs on the food plant on which their larvae, known as caterpillars, will feed. 
  • The caterpillars grow, sometimes very rapidly, and when fully developed, pupate in a chrysalis.
  •  When metamorphosis is complete, the pupal skin splits, the adult insect climbs out, and after its wings have expanded and dried, it flies off. 
  • Some butterflies, especially in the tropics, have several generations in a year, while others have a single generation, and a few in cold locations may take several years to pass through their whole life cycle.

 Whenever we go to the  parks or   enjoying the outdoors, I am always magnetized with the  butterflies.  I can't help but  adore  their beauty and how graceously they fly around  plants and flowers.  This particular one that I took photos of was enjoying the nectar of the clover.  She didn't offer to fly away when I got closer and took shome photographs of her.  
That's one thing I enjoyed the most at our  old house during summer time.  I had several butterfly bushes and they are always full of different kinds of butterflies.  

No comments: