Friday, March 21, 2014

Pigeon #Mourning Dove

Sometime in September, we glanced over our porch from our living room window and saw this  dove or pigeon.  He was just calmly sitting on the railing of our porch.  I took some photos of him through the glass door but they are blurry so I gambled and open the door hoping that he won't fly and he would let me a good  shot of him and I did.


When morning came, we all thought that he would be gone by then but we were wrong.  He was still sitting there, in fact he appeared to be sleeping still when I peeked at our door.  However, he woke up  when I opened the door.  He moved around while I took  some shots but did not fly right away.


I think that somebody owns this dove because he has a tag in his  right leg.  He flew away eventually when I got so close to him but it was nice that he  stayed the whole night and let me captured some  photos of him before he left..

8 comments:

LV said...

You captured your cute little pigeon visitor very well. I think they sound sad tho.

Nova said...

that is pretty cute, the adorable pigeon is probably waiting for the rain to be over.

Jhady said...

That is so cute sis, I think the dove feels so comfy and not scared of you guys

Healy Harpster said...

One of your neighbor might own it since it has a tag! Since I got here, I never see a dove unlike in Pinas our neighbor had so many of them.

Rhodesia said...

If it is tagged it may be somebodies racing pigeon. Diane

Marie said...

Great shots! can it be lost?

Franc Ramon said...

It's nice that you have a pigeon for a visitor at morning. That just mean they find comfort in your place.

FX777222999 said...

It means the pigeon captured your motivation to level up the skills in photography.