Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dog food for fussy dogs

Allow me to introduce you to my three dogs; Huey, Louie and Dewey.
I rescued them from the Dog’s Trust where they were brought in after being found abandoned as puppies in a box left outside a supermarket. 

They have been spoiled since they first stepped over the threshold and made the house their home. 
Their personalities are all very different as Huey is quiet, reserved but very playful. Louie is very boisterous, loud and hyperactive and Dewey is grumpy and lazy.

This doesn’t change when food is concerned as they all have very different tastes. This makes my life much harder when it comes to feeding time, however at least I do not have to worry about them eating each other’s food and one getting more food than the other. I believe it is important that they only eat food that contains natural ingredients to ensure they are receiving the best from their food. 

Huey will only eat Applaws dog food which is a natural food that only contains meat, vegetables and rice and caters for the large breed of dog.

Louie’s favorite is Burns dog food which is hypoallergenic and contains no artificial additives or preservatives. It is also very ethical as it is not tested on animals (which many other brands are) and supports Compassion in World Farming (CIWF) which works towards improving the welfare of farm animals. 

Dewey will only eat James Wellbeloved dog food which actually suits me as it contains no dairy or eggs, which when consumed by Dewey bad smells come out the other end. 
I feed them all a mixture of tinned and dry food to provide them with variety and also to help me to keep their teeth and gums healthy (which the biscuits do).
Although they are all very fussy with their meals none of them are when it comes to treats as they will all eat any treat I give them. I buy a variety of treats from all three of the brands mentioned to provide even more variety for the three monkeys. I am sure to feed the treats in moderation to avoid over feeding and consequently weight gain. 

13 comments:

tess said...

ow, too bad i can't see the photo's, it is not showing. Yeas dog has different personality like human beings. i got a dog too, she adopted herself into our family ans so cute, she is our baby and daddy's little girl. When it comes to food ,choosy din.

jheylo said...

uh oh! picture is not loading. it's nice to have a dog, my kids wants one but we're not allowed to have in our apartment.

Dhemz said...

I can't see the picture either....:) wow, I love their names sis...ehehhe! ilan na pupps niyo? akin na yung isa...lol!

Gven-Rose said...

I wish to have this kind of dog but unfortunately my budget cannot afford to get one..:(

Anonymous said...

We always wanted to have a dog but the condo community we're living in doesn't allow one, so. But, i guess it's better that way because then we don't need to spend money on like having another child hehehe...

Kaye Figuracion said...

Your dogs are all cute. And, it's so sweet of you to know and distinguish their different personalities.

GagayMD said...

i kept refreshing my browser if it's me who can't see the image, but when i checked the comments before mine, they too can't see the image...i loved to see the image coz i too have spoiled puppy at home..

Bless said...

This is why I am not yet ready to have a dog coz I know there are lots to be aware of as a pet owner. Dogs have personalities too and the owner should recognize it to properly take care of them.

EJ said...

Hi sis Dhemz, di akin yung dogs.. GP to eh hehehe. Sorry guys, di siguro compatible yung format ng photo sa PC nyo kaya di nyo makita. It's showing at my end naman eh.

Shela said...

ohh thats nice it's like food for fussy baby also... ;)

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Too bad I can't see this photo, but it is so nice of you to rescue them. I know they are not able to talk, but I am sure they love you and thank you for having them. :) How sweet! :) I sure miss our dog now. They may be dogs, but sure they are very particular of food that they want to it. :)

RAYA said...

yeah, the photo is not loading. anyways, there are dogs that are really choosy about food so it's good to find a brand they like.

Mary Anne Vinzon said...

The dogs were lucky to have you it seems that you are very concern about the welfare of your pets. We also have our new dog in our house.